Licensed Nursing Education
Master of Science in Nursing
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society and South Dakota State University
WHAT: The Master of Science in Nursing online program is designed to build on a licensed bachelor's prepared registered nurse's past education and
experience. South Dakota State University (SDSU) is located in Brookings, SD. The following specialties are available at the Master's Level: Nurse Educator, Nurse Administrator and Clinical Nurse Leader.
AVAILABLE AREA: All states served by The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society.
ACCREDITATION: The SDSU College of Nursing is accredited by the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Offered on a part-time schedule
- Allows staff to work, earn and learn
- Scheduled to facilitate study for employees with work and family responsibilities
- Nursing and support courses offered online
- Prepares RNs for advanced practice nursing administration, clinical practice or nursing education and leadership roles
- No wait list once admitted to the nursing program while current funding exists
- Credit successfully earned from the SDSU BSN Upward Mobility program has been articulated for transfer
REQUIRED COURSES and APPLICATION INFORMATION: Click here for more information.
COST ESTIMATES: Tuition and fees are approved by the South Dakota Board of Regents effective each May.
It is important to discuss an estimated cost with the advisor.
TIME TO EARN DEGREE: The program is delivered to allow completion of the degree in four years with a student taking
one course a semester.
SCHOLARSHIP/LOANS: Employees are invited to visit with their Center Administrator about financial assistance
that may be available through local resources. Some states may offer scholarship/grant or loan assistance through
the state Board of Nursing or another state government agency. Please inquire about SDSU nursing scholarships with your advisor.
ADVISING: Contact Anna Atteberry, Anna.Atteberry@sdstate.edu or 605.782.3086.
Please identify that you are a Good Samaritan Society employee, your Center number and location.